Friday night – the 52nd Annual Community Awards! They are part of the kick off evening of the weekend.
We’re changing things up in 2018. We’re moving the awards from the Sunday brunch to a formal dinner on Friday night. That’s right – this year you can sleep in before heading over to the Victory Beer Bust (Sun 3-6pm at SF Eagle).
There will be a cocktail hour where you can socialize, get a drink, check in for the weekend, and be present as the tech boot is worked on by the bootblack contestants. The Bare Chest Calendar men will be serving your drinks once again. And as always, the SOMAGuardians will be checking your coats.
Then it’s dinner time! We’ll be serving tasty food as the awards start and you are introduced to the Mr. SF Leather and SF Bootblack contestants.
Here is the list of Award categories, including the new “Non Binary Person of the Year” award.
- Philip M Turner Lifetime Achievement Award
- Woman of the Year
- Man of the Year
- Non Binary Person of the Year
- Jim Remer Unsung Hero Award (for long term community volunteering)
- Next Generation Award (under 35)
- Outstanding Community Nonprofit SF Bay Area
- Outstanding Community Business SF Bay Area
- Best New Organization – SF Bay Area
- Best Community Educational Event
- Best Organizational Anniversary Event
- Best Bay Area Leather Contest
- Best Community Leather/Fetish/MC event (not a contest or Street fair)
- Best Community Weekend Event (not a Contest or Street Fair)
- Most Visible Community Organization
- Best One-Day Motorcycle Ride
- Best Weekend Motorcycle Run
If you are interested in seeing someone receive an award, nomination are being accepted until January 18, 2018. You can communicate your suggested nominees to any member of the Leather Alliance Board, or contact our Awards Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not interested in or unable to do the dinner? We have you covered too. You can buy a seat for the evening for $10. This will provide a definite spot for you to enjoy the whole evening without breaking the bank.
Stay after for some more social time. The bar will stay open and there will be plenty of space to talk and stay warm.
Tickets will be on sale soon! You’ll want to buy tickets for the formal dinner ahead of time – seating will be limited and we may not have any available at the door.