On Friday night, March 2, 2018, the 52nd Annual Community Awards will formally kick off the weekend.
There will be a cocktail hour where you can socialize, get a drink, check in for the weekend, and be present as the tech boot is worked on by the bootblack contestants. The Bare Chest Calendar men will be serving your drinks once again. And as always, the SOMA Guardians will be checking your coats.
Then it’s dinner time! We are serving buffet style, and cards with the detailed ingredients list of each item will be available. On the menu:
- Chicken Piccata with Caper Sauce
- Orecchiette Pasta and Seasonal Vegetables (Vegan) (GF) (Dairy Free)
- Sautéed Green Beans with Garlic Chips & Lemon Zest (Veg) (GF) (Dairy Free)
- Caprese Salad Lollipops (Veg) (GF)
- Caesar Salad with Shaved Parmesan, Garlicky Croutons and House-Made Meyer Lemon Dressing (V) (No Anchovies)
- Breads by Semifreddi’s
- And then….cake!
- Coffee will be available with dessert.
Catering by Gather and Grub
Catering on Saturday for judges, contestants and staff by The Greedy Ant
As dinner proceeds, you will be introduced to the Mr. SF Leather and SF Bootblack contestants, and we will begin handing out the San Francisco Bay Area Leather Community Awards! Here is the list of award categories, including the new “Non Binary Person of the Year” award.
- Philip M Turner Lifetime Achievement Award
- Woman of the Year
- Man of the Year
- Non Binary Person of the Year
- Jim Remer Unsung Hero Award (for long term community volunteering)
- Next Generation Award (under 35)
- Outstanding Community Nonprofit SF Bay Area
- Outstanding Community Business SF Bay Area
- Best New Organization – SF Bay Area
- Best Community Educational Event
- Best Organizational Anniversary Event
- Best Bay Area Leather Contest
- Best Community Leather/Fetish/MC event (not a contest or Street fair)
- Best Community Weekend Event (not a Contest or Street Fair)
- Most Visible Community Organization
- Best One-Day Motorcycle Ride
- Best Weekend Motorcycle Run
If you are curious, you can review the list of last year’s award winners here, or see the full history of the awards here. For more information about these awards, you can contact our Awards Committee at email@example.com.
Not interested in or unable to do the dinner? We have you covered too. You can buy a seat for the evening for $10. This will provide a definite spot for you to enjoy the whole evening without breaking the bank.
Stay after for some more social time. The no host bar will remain open until 10 pm, and there will be plenty of space to talk and stay warm.
Tickets are on sale now! You’ll want to buy tickets for the formal dinner ahead of time – seating will be limited and we may not have any available at the door.