In the year since Cody Elkin was selected, first as Mr. Lone Star Leather 2016 and then as Mr. San Francisco Leather 2016, his calendar has been truly well-packed. His energy and dedication have been impressive and inspirational.
Below is a partial list of the events where Codybear and his sash were not just present, but actively helping to raise money, awareness and support for groups and causes, in our area and far beyond.
1. Went to Southern California for Los Angeles Leather Weekend.
2. Went to Albuquerque, New Mexico to help the Leather Daddies with their fundraiser for Casa Q House, a gay homeless teen shelter.
3. Went to Cleveland Leather Annual Weekend (“CLAW”) and co-hosted a party to raise money for their charities.
4. Helped the Mr. Friendly Organization with the Aids Walk in South Bend, Indiana.
5. Bartended at the Bay Area Gay Rodeo in Duncan Mills, California.
6. Helped out at Lazy Bear Weekend in Guerneville, California.
7. Judged the following contests:
a. “Best in Show” Imperial Puppy for the SF Ducal Court in San Francisco.
b. Mr. Campit Leather in Saugatuck, Michigan.
c. Mr. Bolt Leather in Sacramento, California.
d. Mr DC Eagle in Washington DC.
e. Ms. SF Leather in San Francisco, California.
f. Mr. Leather Bear Dallas in Dallas, Texas.
8. Was the Den Daddy for Mr. Icon Leather in Detroit, Michigan.
9. Went to an Out and Proud Conference in Orlando, Florida.
10. Visited the Orlando Out Center and paid his respects at the Pulse night club in Orlando, Florida.
11. Helped out at Geared Up Ireland and promoted the SF Leather Alliance.
12. Raised $1,732 for Breast Cancer Emergency Fund at “Cancer is a Drag” at The Lone Star.
13. Raised about $700 for SF Suicide Prevention.
14. Raised about $3,000 for the San Francisco Bay Area Leather Alliance.
15. Placed in the top 20 at the International Mr. Leather competition in Chicago (14th out of 59).
16. Helped the Bare Chest Calendar with their annual fundraising Bar Crawls.
17. Attended and helped at multiple local events on behalf of:
a. Mr. Friendly SF
b. Imperial Court SF
c. SF Leather Alliance
d. SF Ducal Court
e. Bare Chest Calendar
f. Krewe de Kinque SF
g. Bears of San Francisco
h. SF Wagz Pack
18. Participated in the SF LeatherWalk.
19. Helped out at the SF Leather Alliance Progressive Dinner.
20. Participated in AIDS Walk SF.
21. Attended the Golden Gate Guards Leather Cruise.
20. Picked up, organized, and decorated the title holders truck at the gay pride parade for the Leather Alliance.