San Francisco Leather Community Awards
The SF Leather Community Awards, formerly known as the ICF Motorcycle Awards, have been honoring the Groups and Individuals who create and support our communities through events and projects since 1965.
They are the longest-running Leather Community Awards in the world. Learn the history and past winners of the community awards.
At brunch on Sunday, March 5, 2017, at SOMArts, the following awards were handed out:
- Philip M Turner Lifetime Achievement Award: Demetri Sparks
- Woman of the Year 2016: tie between Mir Bilodeau & Stela Furtado
- Man of the Year 2016: Cody Elkin
- Jim Remer Unsung Hero Award (for longterm community volunteering): Rich Stadtmiller
- Frank Benoit Award (for service to the Alliance): Angel Garfold
- Next Generation Award 2016 (under 35): Douglas Ambrose
- Outstanding Community Nonprofit SF Bay Area 2016: Tie between Society of Janus & Folsom Street Events
- Outstanding Community Business SF Bay Area 2016: Wicked Grounds
- Best New Organization – SF Bay Area 2016: BARC – Bay Area Rope Club
- Best Community Educational Event 2016: LDG – Should Leather March in SF Pride? – Jan 2016
- Best Organizational Anniversary Event 2016: LDG – 20th Anniversary – Dec 2016
- Best Bay Area Leather Contest 2016: Mr SF Eagle – Nov 2016
- Best Community Leather/Fetish/MC event (not a contest or Street fair) 2016: Golden Gate Guards – Leather Cruise – Sept 2016
- Best Community Weekend Event (not a Contest or Street Fair) 2016: LDG Fetish Fair Weekend – Aug 2016
- Most Visible Community Organization 2016: Leathermen’s Discussion Group
- Best One-Day Motorcycle Ride: SF Dykes on Bikes/Women’s Motorcycle contingent 40th Anniversary ride SF Pride Parade June 2016
- Best Weekend Motorcycle Run: Golden Gate Guards Springtime in Yosemite May 2016
Congratulations to all the winners!
Formal sash presentation by Mr. San Francisco Leather 2016 Cody Elkin to Mr. San Francisco Leather 2017 Geoff Millard